A week in security (July 16 – July 22)
Last week on Labs, we looked at a Magniber expansion, explored open source vulnerabilities, and checked out the boons and drawbacks of smart assistants. We also continued our ad blocking article extravaganza, gave a whistlestop tour of third-party problems, and published our Q2 Cybercrime tactics & techniques report.
- Huge data breach in Singapore (Source: Straights Times)
- Venmo and public sharing (Source: 22.8 miles)
- Leaky storage buckets (Source: Bob Diachenko, Linkedin post)
- The UK is short on security experts (Source: Parliament)
- Email blunder prompts £200k fine (Source: The Register)
- Airport Wifi risks [PDF] (Source: Coronet)
- 80,000 healthcare records held to ransom (Source: Naked Security)
- Protecting yourself from BEC scams (Source: Help Net Security)
- Microsoft launches identity bounty program (Source: Microsoft)
- Telefonica breach “exposes millions” (Source: The Inquirer)
Stay safe, everyone!